By Martin Crump.
Martin is a Director and co-founder of Evolution. He is a certified NLP Master Trainer with a wealth of experience of working with organisations of all sizes and types across the UK.
I ran two Navigator sessions recently for two very different groups.
District Council; two very different organisations which illustrated the flexibility of Navigator.
Navigator is a unique and effective Strategic Planning tool which enables you to create a meaningful srategic plan in a single day.
Claire Easson Bassett from Event Cornwall said:
“We undertook the Navigator process with Evolution at a stage in our development where we needed to step back to see the way forward. By giving ourselves (the Directors) the gift of a whole day working with Martin, we could not only see where we want to go but also had a route to get there. We have already achieved the first 3 items on our plan, all ahead of schedule, thanks to having a clear and positive outlook on our strategic development.”
She went on to say:
“The Navigator process, delivered by Evolution Personal and Corporate Development, –
– is easy to understand, but challenging to undertake (in a good way!)
– enables you to look at life from all sides
– is centred on you, the person, not just the businessperson
– enables you to really see what is most important to you by suspending you from the day to day; enables you to step out of the hamster wheel
– holds your hand and supports you as you challenge your own thinking
– isn’t the usual trite formulaic business planning process
– supports you in identifying how you might take on the future by treating it as the past
Ultimately, it plays with and unlocks your head in such a way that you leave the room enlivened, challenged and ready to take it on!”
The session for South Hams District Council was very different, with a team of eight people having valuable input into the Strategic plan for the council’s Customer Service Directorate
Tracy Winser, Head of Customer Services West Devon Borough Council and South Hams District Council said:
Working with Evolution we managed to agree our service objectives and design a plan to achieve them within the course of one day, a process which would normally have meant us holding several workshops. The process was creative, enjoyable and very effective and meant that the whole team could take an active part.
For more information on the Navigator Strategic planning process click here: more information
To learn how to apply NLP to different work situations visit the NLP @ Work conference in September 2011